Jul 27 2010
Wah sudah berjaya root my Winry. Probably the most scariest thing I’ve ever done on any gadgets that I owned. It’s not hard, just that although very small, there is always a chance where thing could go wrong and you ended up with a very expensive brick in your hand. Haha.
Took me 5 minutes to root and a whole 3 days trying out every Froyo roms out there. Huhu. I’m really glad that I joined the green robot army.
There’s so much apps that I want to install now since I can store them on the SD card instead of the phone memory which only have about 100MB free spaces.
Ok, enough about that. So.. there’s nothing much going on with ne now. Only that I felt like its been so long since I went out and hang around with my friends. Oit gaji cepat la masuk. Huhu. I wanna go karaoke laaa..
Okay mahu titon.
P/s – have to write in English since the keyboard spell checker is only in English. Suck that I had to add every malay/manglish words to the dictionary. Huhu.
Jul 11 2010
Okay, finally ade mase sket nak update. Busy sket ‘molesting’ my new phone. Lol.
So there u go, stock HTC Desire running on Android 2.1 with HTC Sense.
So what now? Aku pun tatau, banyak lagi nak explore, banyak lagi apps nak try, banyak lagi mende nak buat pakai phone ni.
Huhu. If you’re planning to get this phone, beli yang sekali package ngan data plan since it is more cost effective in the long run and you’ll get a RM600 discount from Maxis too. Trust me you need the data plan to fully utilize the features of this phone.
No phone is ever perfect, so here’s some minor inconvenience that you might want to consider
- Battery Life – it gets better after a while but you’ll need to charge the phone at least once every 2 days. I don’t really care about that since I usually charge my phone every night and I got a compatible Nokia car charger to charge the phone if I’m going anywhere.
- The touch screen might be super sensitive to some people, get a screen protector to reduce it.
- The camera sucks ass. Seriously. If you plan to use the phone mainly for photos and video, get the Nokia N8 instead. Not a bad phone, only downside is the Symbian operating system.
- The speaker is a little soft compared to my N86. Even at the loudest volume setting.
- There’s a slight pinkish tint on the display when looking over a gray-scale images. I never actually bothered by it since it’s not that obvious.
So there you go, I know there’s a whole bunch of other minor imperfection posted on the XDA forum but those never really bother me for daily uses.
Jul 9 2010
The camera interface is slick but the photo quality wasn’t something I would shout about. My Wendy can take much better picture than this. I’m not complaining anyway, since Winry is not much of a camera phone to start with.
p/s: Wendy = N86, Winry = HTC Desire. Yes, I named all my gadget and yes I’m a geek. Lol
Jul 8 2010
Finally I got my shiny new HTC Desire. Just testing out the WordPress App from the Android Market. I’ll update more about the this when I have some time over the weekend.
Still getting used to the touch keyboard. It’s pretty good even with my sosej like finger. Haha. Just that I can’t text while driving. Damn.
Jul 7 2010
I don’t know what your problem is, but I’ll bet it’s hard to pronounce.