Things that annoy me when visiting a certain website
- Background music set to autoplay
- Having a background music is good and bad, I’m sorry if anyone feel offended but maybe you should know this. Most people already have winamp/foobar or whatever player they are using listening to their fav song and suddenly there’s this strange sound coming from your browser. Since I use firefox, I have like 10 to 15 tabs opened and I was like “WTF site mane yang kuar sound ni”. So I have to close my browser and start a new session. That sucks.
- Colorful background images
- If you are going to use a background images, make sure it has enough contrast between the text so I can actually read it instead having to highlight and read. Most people are lazy and when they can’t even read your text, they simply close the tab/window and head on to another site.
- It doesn’t work in Firefox..gosh!
- Is that my problem? Or yours? Remember that visitor have their own choice of using whatever browser they like. I really hate to see something like this “Best viewed in IE” since I don’t really use IE that much. If your site can’t be viewed in other browser, FIX it.
- This is the worst, have you ever visit a site and suddenly you get a small popup with text that read “welcome to [put sitename here]’ enjoy your stay blablalba” and when you leave another popup coming saying “thanks or whaterever it is”. What was that for?
- No right click eh? How about View>Page Source or even better CTRL+U? I don’t know the original reason this script was invented, but I believe it was to stop people from stealing your code right? I don’t know, you tell me.
- Animated gif
- Just don’t use it unless for a button
- Splash screen/Intro page
- What’s the point of having a splash screen? It doesn’t really bother me though, just that my tutor once said “if your splash screen doesn’t provide any info about your site, don’t use it”
This is just a small list, I don’t really want to put this up but it’s been playing around in my mind for a couple of days. If you think my point is wrong, go ahead and tell me why. I love to hear your response and sorry if I make any of you feel bad 🙂